Address:

223927, Minsk region, Kopyl, Lenin square, 6

Phone:

+375 (1719) 5-51-60

Fax:

+375 (1719) 5-52-41

Telephone «hot line»:

+375 (1719) 5-51-60

E-mail:

rik@kopyl.gov.by

History

The history of the Kopyl region starts in 1274 when it was first mentioned in the chronicles. In 1652, the town of Kopyl got the Magdeburg rights, emblem, seal, and the right to build a town hall and to organize fairs.

On February 28, 2000, in line with resolution No 89 of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus “Emblems and registers of the Republic of Belarus” of February 22, 1994, the state heraldry services registered an emblem of the town of Kopyl of 1652 (hunting horn in the golden shield).

On July 17, 1924, Kopyl becomes a regional centre.

The Kopyl region is proud of its natives. Many famous Belarusians were born and lived in the region. Ten natives of the region were awarded the title of the hero of the Soviet Union, 9 residents – Hero of the Socialist Labour, 41 people go the Order of Lenin.

Thirty-six writers were born in the region. Among them are Tishka Gartny, Kuzma Chorny, Anatoly Astreiko, Adam Rusak, Ales Adamovich, Stepan Aleksandrovich and many others. The Kopyl region is proud of Mikhail Vysotsky, the Hero of Belarus, an academician, general designer of transport vehicles of Belarus; Manak Andreevich, doctor of medicine; Aleksei Shkadarevich, doctor of physics and mathematics.

In February 2008, Mikhail Vysotsky was awarded the title of Honourary Citizen of the Kopyl region.

Last modified on 2019-09-29